Meanwhile, Back At The Kennel

All is well back here at the kennel.

The young dogs, the retirees and I are enjoying the warmer temperatures... over 40 degrees in Two Rivers today! Dog naps all around.

The seven current house dogs are obsessively watching the GPS tracker over my shoulder and reminding me to hit "refresh" every 30 seconds.

Bullet wants to know who's in lead and ChaCha keeps reminiscing about the "good old days" when she used to run Iditarod. She claims it was way harder back then. I just pat her head and say, "I know, Cha, you're very tough," and throw her another biscuit.

We all look forward to hearing the race dogs' stories when they return (Champ, above, is particularly excited). I can just hear Mismo back in the dog yard, "I mean, it was a thousand miles, Champ, I'm kind of a big deal now. Maybe you should call me Mr. Mismo."

- Meghan